Thursday 5 February 2009

Leman Russ 2 (Part 1)

The next Praetorian project for me will be a second Leman Russ Conqueror to join the existingly finished one. Basic assembly is done with gaps filled, a little added detail including and the drivers vision slit replaced with another Space Marine Dreadnought Sarcoughagos.



As with the previous vehicle I'll be using some press molded vision slits and lights (taken from Space Marine Dreadnought Sarcoughagi and Rhino respectively). I was'nt able to find the mold's I used previously, so I made some fresh ones, pressing the pieces into a base filled with greenstuff. I'm about to make the first cast's now, I'll use a little cooking oil to act as a lubricant and use more greenstuff.



I'm also working on the turret, this is the standard Forgeworld Conqueror turret with a few added bits (again press molded vision slits) and the Storm Bolter which I've cut away to be replaced by the repeater handgun from the WFB Empire Outriders.

1 comment:

Space Hulk Enthusiast said...

Those molds look nice, I never could get a handle on doing those and mine never seemed to turn out right.