Wednesday 28 December 2011

Dress Torso Comparison... and the Leviathan's back

Hope everyone has been enjoying your festive celebrations, my own Christmas has been rather packed, but I'm now settling into being even more busy...hmmm

Anyway, just a couple of quick pictures while I'm waiting for the glue to dry.

First up Oink requested a comparison shot of the new 28mm Dress Torso I've got for sale compared to a standard Cadian torso, so it is, these torsos are for sale now on this blog, HERE.


Next up, well looky what I'm back working on! It's been sitting under the bed for well over a year now, I did pull it out briefly and promptly ripped off the sponsons and lower hull sections. The reason for this drastic action was that the greenstuff work was shoddy and uneven and the plastic sections - a mixture of plasticard and things from the bits box just did'nt look right. I've now started to rebuild this lower portion with better constructed sponsons and solid plates of plasticard, with the aid of liquid greenstuff - which I'm suitably impressed with - I'm also ensuring all the joins are smooth and well blended not rough like they were before - hence all the green patches. I'll add further detailing later on, for now I'm concentrating on fixing earlier less satisfactory work and rearming it - as I write this the rear sponson on this flank is just about dry, so now its back to work. The Leviathan will live again!

5 comments:

Luis Nieves said...

thanks for the comparison, it looks really good! I can see that they really do have the right sort of look and will fit on the plastics really well!!

great sculpting, keep up the good work.

AJ said...

Had to get a set. These are some of the coolest pieces I've seen. Nice work.

Chantyam said...

Got my packs yesterday thanks great to have the option of kitting out "dress" troops And revamping my command thanks Rob all the best Darren

lone dirty dog said...

Still playing with mine (the torsos get your minds out of the gutter) but the potential for these is amazing thanks again for making these and saving me converting stuff badly cheers Roy

Col.Gravis said...

No problem Oink! Glad you approve!

Also AJ, I look forward to reading your review in the future!

Chatyam, good good, glad they've arrived safely, thanks for letting me know!

No worries Roy, I'm glad you like, I look forward to seeing what you come up with using them!