Monday 17 December 2007

Orks Drift - The Poor Bloody Infantry

Ah finally, so where have I been? Stripping. Um Yeah.



I've spent the past week or so stripping all my old models and those which I bought second hand and hav'nt used before of which this is the bulk, I used Acetone free nail varnish remover which really did the job with only a 24hours soak and a quick scrub (or even wash in some cases!). Then cleaning em up, finding and getting rid of all those annoying mold lines etc and finally basing. I've also since textured the bases and am in the process of undercoating them all.

The reason is of course the previously mentioned Orks Drift game which is this Saturday (22nd December) at GW Exeter, it's an all day event starting 10:30 so if your local show your face! The basis will be fought over two tables, the first will be the Guard Infantry (with the Praetorians at the center, lead by one Captain Caine) trying to hold off the Orks all day - the Orks will have sustained assault! The second table will likely have Imperial Armour rushing to reinforce the main table, trying to break through. It should be a blast!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... sounds like a hell of a game, best of luck with that!

That nail polish remover is fantastic stuff, worked wonders on my Steel Legion as well.

Anyway, love what I've seen here, 40k Online and warseer, so figured I'd drop in and say hi to a fellow metal guard player. :)

Col.Gravis said...

It was a blast!

And yeah agreed, so much easier then alot of the alternatives.

And its great to see another IG project blog taking shape, more for me to keep an eye on!