Wednesday 11 April 2012

Calling All Praetorian IG Players - The Pacification of Montar VII?

I know a few of you at least are aware of the plans which were floated on Commissar Dave's Blog for a big old Praetorian vs. Ork Apocalypse bash at Warhammer World in Nottingham, provisionally on 11th-13th January 2013.

With Dave currently doing his tour of duty in Afganistan and not back for a few months there seems to be a danger of letting the momentum which built up vanish, and that would be a terrible shame, so in his absense it seems a good idea to keep doing what we can towards this en.!

So! Assuming that date, we need a show of hands of those who would definately expect to be able to attend, and those who would like to, but cant yet confirm (please be clear which you are!).

Also, we need an idea of the points you can put down on the table so we can set about arranging a suitable amount of opposition and possibly putting in a booking with Warhammer World. You don't need to be too specific, to the nearest 1000pts would be a good level at this stage, keeping in mind we're hoping for Praetorian IG only, no other regiments unless they are suitable conversions/paintjobs or fit in specifically with your Praetorian force, and definately no Marines/Titans/Inqusition/SoB etc - though Imperial navy fliers will be fine. Forgeworld is good to go also!

If you happen to know any Ork players who you could bring along with you, now would be a good time to mention it as well, though we'll worry about that more once we know how many Imperials we have.

I'm going to try an email everyone who has already expressed an interest in the next few days once my home internet is restored, but for anyone else, or those I will email if you want to get ahead of the game, lets have at it.

17 comments:

Honey Beeginnings said...

Arrrgh. I live in the States and I don't think I will be able to get to England. I have a fully painted Ork army and will have several variants of a 2000 pt Praetorian Army painted by then. If needed and I can find a trustworthy individual, I may be able to ship out my Orks for a suitable player.

Rictus said...

Hmm, I don't have any Praetorians, however when you start looking for Ork opponents give me a shout.

Colonel Winterborne said...

I'm sure you know I'm keen! I have to have 2.5K for Badab war. Add to that a FW superheavy as a present to myself and call it 3K. (potential for more but its all to up in the air to know how much I could get painted!)

3000 points of the finest Praetorian Mechanised Infantry reporting for duty sir!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Malkavschilde said...

I'd like to go but I can't confirm at this time. I live in California and am not sure I will be able to get the funding together.

IF I can manage I think I can scrape together 3000-5000pts of praetorians. (dependant on my painting time)

Unknown said...

I have 2-3K points in Preatorians on foot (infantry). I'll see if my buddy is going to this and if so he can show with my Army. If not I am not opposed to letting a trustworthy person use my army also....

ColKillgore said...

I am also on the wrong side of the pond to come play. I do look forward to seeing a battlereport about the game.

ColKG

Col. Ackland said...

As I'm sure you know, I'm over in Australia so put me in the "I would like to, but can't yet confirm" box.
That being said I'm massively keen to get there. My contingent would only be men and cavalry, between 1500-2500 points. Thanks for picking this up Col.
Like typical cavalry it will be hard to know if they will arrive in time to save the day...

Crosser Modelling said...

Interested but can't confirm. er..3k points? Depends how many chaps and tanks I paint up really...

Crazy Red Praetorian said...

I was speaking to jwolf about doing something similar to this for Wargamescon here in the states.

Honey Beeginnings said...

Where in the states?

Col.Gravis said...

Cheers for the replies so far chaps, and no I still hav'nt got to sending those emails out!

The idea of loaning armies through the post is an interesting one, but is not without risks. I'm tempted to suggest its not worth it to be honest, though the potential offers are very much appreciated!

CRP, would be interesting to try an link the games even if you went ahead with it? The premiss we're looking at is a simple one, can discuss it via email if you like, I think you have mine? Before moving house I'd have jumped at it as a excuse to come states side again, but finances are gonna prevent that now!

mk6marine, I think I'm right in thinking its Austin, Texas? Theres info on the BoLS lounge IIRC.

Colonel Winterborne said...

I could defintely be tempted to go to Austin for a Praetorian battle!

Snorri said...

I'd be interested in this. Currently working on a 2000 point Praetorian army (possibly bigger by mid January), Can't 100% confirm I'm available, but probs will be.

Ben Robinson said...

Hi, Im a friend of Snorri's and will very likely be available also. I have a converted IG army made (mainly) from Empire hand gunners; they have quite the praetorian style look. I also have an Ork army so could play either side. I can do about 3k of either side, though for Orks I have a half scratch built stompa. Anyway, either army will need some work so if I know what side Ill be on I can get to work.

Dave Clark said...

Col Garvis,

Thanks mate for picking this up and the response you are getting is great. I promise when I get back I will help out and get this project rolling, and hopefully this thing will be epic.

Just to let you all know, I am fine have been out and about and it is getting very very hot out here.

Again thanks a bunch Col Garvis it is very much appreciated.

Commissar Dave

Crazy Red Praetorian said...

Sorry for the delayed response guys,Adepticon prep, Adepticon and work have kept me away for a bit.

Col. Gravis, I am extremely interested in getting something together. Please, email me crazyredpraetorian@gmail.com

mk6marine and Colonel Winterbourne, Wargamescon will be in Austin tx the weekend of June 22-24. We have tentative plans for a battle on Saturday evening.