Saturday 11 July 2009

Sculpting Pith Helmetted Heads (Part 3)

I've spent a little more time working on the Pith Helmetted Heads, the result of which is progress I'm rather pleased with so far!

After a few false starts I've finally got a face I'm happy with as shown below.



He looks a little odd here, the simple reason for that is he does'nt yet have a lower jaw or jaw bone, or chin(!). Time an time again I've found that as soon as I try an do the lower part of the face at the same time as the upper I end up ruining the sculpt, so dispensing with that I'm settling on doing this is two stages, this has the added benefit that I can marry it up to the pith helmet early...



Yeah still looks odd, but the next stage will hopefully remeady that as I add the jaw, chin and back of the head, this will bulk it out somewhat, once thats completed it merely a matter of adding ears, a little hair if appropriate and a strap to keep the helmet on and the first head will be ready.

2 comments:

Wolfy said...

That looks awesome! Will these be available for order?

Thanks

Ralph.

Col.Gravis said...

Really depends when I get time to work on them, this first is going to get some major surgery or possibly be scrapped at this point, I do have another one which is mostly finished though, probably the sculpting will be done by the middle of August, may be the heads will be available by the end of the summer.