Tuesday 10 July 2007

Veterans Night 05/07/07 and Stuff

Only one game in this past week, this time against Ravenwing. The mission was Recon at Gamma level, the army included the Master of the Ravenwing, three or four Bike Squadrons, 3 Attack Bikes and 3 Land Speeder Tornado's. I made a split deployment, one around a hell with my Russ the other with the Mortars, more of a sacrificial flank. The tactic itself worked well, though with some bad rolling I lost two keys squads in the first turn to morale checks, after that the dice went all my way, I litterally annilated the opposition on my strong flank causing significant damage to those on my other flank (though my forces there did cave as expected). However, with one of his squadrons still at strength as well as a speeder and having left it too late with moving my Russ into his table quarter it turned from what would have been a draw leaning in a win in my favour turned to a win in huis favour by 4pts... damnation! Next time as they say! ;)

Meanwhile I've finished the Mortar Crewmen (pics will follow soon), and have done a dry assembly of my first Mortar, this based on the Hales Rocket Troughs of the late 19th Century which fits the theme of the army, its not an impressive piece, but I think it looks pretty much right. Less favourably after assembling all the Roughriders Horses I discovered one type is wider then the other and thus the set of legs I've been sculpting does'nt fit. Balls. Have just started sculpting another set, hopefully will get them done soon!

Hales Rocket Trough



Dry Assembled Mortar/Rocket Trough


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hale rockets! A good idea, wish I'd thought of it.