Wednesday 27 March 2013

IG Leviathan Painting - Basecoated

I took delivery of the Leviathan last night, now with its first bit of paint with the base coating done courtesy of Dodge, a local gamer buddy of mine. Now its back with me I get to start the detailing, and eventually weathering, though I'm not sure how much of that I'll get done ahead of April's Campaign weekend!

The Leviathan will get my usual edge highlighting treatment, the statues will probably be bronze, and there's an awful lot of iconography to pick out, including the massive aquilla on the front of the hull. Hav'nt made a final decision on how to do the windows just yet - I'm thinking some sort of stained glass effect, but as yet unsettled on if I'll do that for definite, and if I do, how! Open to ideas!

Anyway, here's a picture courtesy of Dodge, but if you want to see more, check out his blog, Dodge Miniature Painting - the Blood Angels I've mentioned before and are awesome (and for sale soon!).

 

2 comments:

Colonel Winterborne said...

Inspiring stuff! Can't wait to see this in the flesh. I think stained glass windows could be good but save them for last in case you run out of time!

Very much a case of drawing a few designs for the windows, fairly simple with a limited palette and black lines for the piping between the glass pane.

Mordian7th said...

Sweeeeeeeet. Love how that's coming together. The basecoat really helps tie it all together and it's looking better than ever! Looking forward to seeing more.

...It's inspired me to dig mine out and get working on it again! The thought of adding the eleventy-billion rivets gives me pause however. :)