I've been inspiried by one of my fellow Praetorian bloggers, Col.Ackland, who recently posted a challenge to himself, and to others, to get his and as many other Praetorian Roughriders painted up as possible. You can find his post HERE. It struck a cord with me as a damn good idea (I'm still only just assembling my second five man unit!), so in response I've decided to take it that little bit further.
I'm extending his challenge to get your Praetorian Roughriders assembled and painted, and at the end of the month I'll be running a contest for anyone who does, for the best Roughrider Squadron. The winner of the contest will get recieve 10 Roughrider conversion sets. The details/rules are as follows.
- The submitted Roughrider Squadron must consist of between 5 and 10 models.
- The unit may be composed of any models, and depict any regiment you wish, as long as they are recogniseable as Roughriders (i.e. they should be WYSIWYG).
- All models in the submitted entry must be finished and both fully painted and based.
- Each entrant may submit up to two pictures of their entry.
- All entries must be submitted to the below email address by midnight on the 30th of November 2011.
- A public vote, lasting one week, will be posted in the first week of December on the blog.
- In the event of a tie, I will cast the deciding vote.
Not only that, but I'm also pleased to say that I've now taken delivery a new casting run of the Roughrider kits, so there are now a further 95 sets in stock. In addition to the above painting contest for this month only there will be free shipping on all orders of 5 or more sets (just that little extra incentive!).